This Spiced Carrot & Red Lentil Soup is the perfect warming meal to keep you toasty on an Autumn evening 🍂
Sweet Carrots, warm spices and extra CRUNCH with our spicy Paprika & Chilli Roasted Pea topping. We can't confirm whether the carrots will help you see better in the dark, but it's packed full of pulses to keep you fuelled up as the nights draw in 🌙
Emma's Spiced Carrot & Red Lentil Soup 🥕
- 600g Carrots, sliced lengthways and quartered
- 1 Large brown onion, diced
- 1 Stick celery, chopped
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch Chilli flakes
- 2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp Smoked paprika
- 140g Red lentils
- 1 tbsp Tomato puree
- 1 litre Vegetable stock
- 140ml plant-based milk
- BRAVE Paprika & Chilli Roasted Peas
- 1 Tbsp Coconut yogurt
- 1 Tbsp plant-based milk
- Fresh coriander
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Place your sliced carrots in a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil, salt & pepper. Roast the carrots for 30 minutes, until you can pierce them with a fork. Roasting your carrots will take this soup to the next level 🙌
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large pan on a medium heat. Sauté the onion and celery until tender
- Add the minced garlic, chilli flakes, ground coriander, cumin seeds and smoked paprika and cook for around 30 seconds, until you can smell the spices
- Add the red lentils, carrots, tomato puree and vegetable stock and place a lid on the pan. Simmer for around 25 minutes until the lentils are cooked.
- Let the soup cool a little before adding the 140ml plant-based milk and blending with a stick blender. Taste and season with salt & pepper.
- To serve, pour the soup into your bowls. Mix the coconut yogurt and 1 Tbsp plant-based milk in a separate bowl and drizzle this over the top of your soup, sprinkle with fresh coriander and BRAVE Paprika & Chilli Roasted Peas for extra CRUNCH!
Why not try mixing up the flavours? Try using our Sour Cream & Chive Roasted Peas with a Leek & Potato Soup!