Here at BRAVE, we're all about that pulse-powered post-workout refuel 💪
Super High in protein and fibre with a crunchy BRAVE surprise in the middle, these Choc-Chick Protein Balls are the DREAM 🤤
Haters will say they're like Cookie Dough, but we know its Chickpeas doing all the heavy lifting here 😉
- 400g Can of Chickpeas, drained*
- 160g Nut butter
- 90g Maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 100g Plain Flour
- 10g Ground Flax seed
- 60g Vegan Choc Chips, finely chopped
- 30g BRAVE Dark Chocolate Chickpeas
- 100g Vegan Chocolate for melting
- Place your chickpeas in a food processor and pulse until you get a sandy consistency.
- Put your ground chickpeas in a bowl and add the nut butter, maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla extract, salt, plain flour, flax seed and chocolate chips. Mix together until you get a cookie dough texture.
- Remove from the bowl and knead on the work surface for 2 minutes, to make sure everything is combined
- Using a tablespoon, measure the mixture into 20 small portions. Flatten each into a disk and place a couple of BRAVE Dark Chocolate Chickpeas in the centre. Roll into a ball and place on a lined baking sheet.
- Melt the 100g Vegan Chocolate and drizzle over the protein balls. Top with a couple of BRAVE Dark Chocolate Chickpeas for extra CRUNCH!
- Pop them in the fridge for 30 minutes, or just tuck in if you can't wait that long!
*BRAVE TIP: Don't forget to save your Chickpea water from the can. You can use this as an egg replacement in Vegan Cakes, Meringues and even Cocktails!🍸
Make sure you tag us in any of your BRAVE culinary creations. We love seeing how creative you can get with you snacks 🤩