Are you trying to work out how to get even more BRAVE chickpeas into your life? We've got the perfect solution for you! 😍
Check out this recipe from BRAVE team member Elliott! He collaborated with Instagram Food Blogger @hungrygirlsdiaries to create some mouth-watering Arancini Balls using our Sea Salt Roasted Chickpeas for the crunchy coating. 🌊
Not only are they delicious, vegan and gluten-free*, they are a great way of using up any leftover risotto in the fridge and reducing your food waste 💚
These vegan arancini are coated in a mixture of our BRAVE Sea Salted Roasted Chickpeas and crushed pistachios for the crunchy coating. Mouthwateringly-delicious and completely vegan! 😍
Elliott's Arancini with BRAVE Chickpeas
(Makes 14-16 medium-sized arancini balls)
- 500g Lemon, Pea & Basil Risotto (or any vegan risotto)⠀
- 100g BRAVE Sea Salt Chickpeas & 50g Pistachios (or any nut of your choosing)
- 100g Plain Flour (We used Dove Farms gluten-free plain flour)
- 75ml Plant based milk
- 80-100g Vegan Pesto
- Neutral Cooking oil (For frying)
- Lemon wedges (To serve)
- Heat 6cm oil in a large pan on medium heat, to about 180°C.
- In a blender, blitz up the chickpeas and nuts together and pour into a bowl.
- Pour the flour into another bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the milk into a third bowl.
- Using a dessert spoon, scoop the risotto into a ball in your hand. Press your thumb into the centre, creating a well and stuff with pesto (about half a teaspoon should do it). Cover the top with more risotto and roll into a ball.
- First coat the ball with flour, then with milk and finish by rolling in the chickpea and nut mixture. A good tip here to make sure you don't get too messy is to use one hand for the flour, then the other hand to dip in the milk and chickpea mixture.
- Carefully place 3-4 balls into the oil at a time. (Don't overcrowd as it lowers the temperature of the oil). Cook for around 5-6 minutes until golden and crispy! 8. Serve with lemon wedges to squeeze over.
Why not try mixing up the flavours? Try using our Sweet Chilli Roasted Chickpeas with a red pepper or tomato risotto! 🌶️
Did you give this recipe a go? We'd love to see! Make sure you tag us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter: @bravefoods
*Please note: While none of our Roasted Chickpeas contain gluten, we do pack at locations that handle gluten, meaning cross contamination is possible